It’s time for our annual Student Awards Event! We’d like to invite all of our students and their families to celebrate their achievements over this last year.
Date: Tuesday, December 5th, 2017
Time: 3:30-7:00pm — Tuesday students, come at your regular class time. All other students, please come between 5:00-7:00pm. *Note that this is a drop-in event.
G by 4 and G by 5 Stars
Location: 204-2800 East 1st Avenue
Hope to see you there!
-The First Avenue Kumon Team
J by 6 Awards
It’s the last month of school and it’s almost time for summer vacation! Kumon is open during the summer months but many families choose to go on vacation. If you are planning on going on vacation this summer for any length of time and require homework, please let Louisa and our staff know at least one week in advance of your last class day (eg. if your last class day is on a Tuesday, let us know at least by the previous Tuesday) so that we have enough time to prepare.
Thank you and have a great June!
A very Happy New Year to all of our students and their families!
A new year means a new goal and this coming week at First Avenue Kumon we will we holding our annual Goal Setting on January 17, 19, and 21, 2017 for Math students level D and higher.
Goal Setting week is when we ask our students to set goals for their Kumon progress for the rest of the year. We have our students set goals at Kumon to motivate, encourage, as well as prepare them for goals they want to set throughout the rest of their lives.
students will receive this goal setting sheet in their folders on their scheduled goal setting day
We want to encourage our students to make good goals for Goal Setting week so here are a few tips:
- Dream big
- figure out what things you want to do
- your parents are on your side – talk to them about goals you want to achieve this year
- make them specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-based (SMART)
- Specific: A clear and well defined goal (eg. trying to get to the next level)
- Measurable: A precise amount, date, etc. used to measure the degree of success (eg trying to do 10 pages every day)
- Achievable: Making sure that it’s possible to reach the goal set (eg. setting a goal of completing the program at level O when the current level is D)
- Realistic: a goal that you are willing and able to work towards (eg. getting to the next level is not possible without doing all of the assignments you are given)
- Time-Based: making sure you have enough time to reach the goal set (eg. trying your best to complete assignments within the Standard Completion Time)
We’re looking forward to helping our students reach their goals in this new year!
Our centre will be closed for one week from July 18th to July 23rd. There will be no office hours and any e-mails or phone calls made to Louisa during this time will not be answered until the following week (week of July 25th) when we re-open. During the week of July 11th, the week before the closure, students will receive homework and a homework organizer for the week we are closed.
Thanks for your continued support of our centre!
Summer time is here and so is Kumon’s annual Level Up Contest!
our wall of students’ summer goals
Kumon’s annual Level Up Contest challenges, but also encourages students to keep up their hard work over the summer months. Kumon students are asked to set an achievable goal for themselves, a level that they want to reach by the end of summer, and work towards it from the beginning of July to the end of September.