Interested in working at First Avenue Kumon?
First Avenue Kumon periodically has staff positions available. These positions are part time casual positions. All positions start at the entry level.
Here are some of the activities that our staff might do on a given shift:
- Grading student assignments in Math or Reading
- Guidance of students in Math or Reading
- Computer Data Entry
- Preparation of Student Assignments
Each shift is typically 4-4.5 hours long.
Our staff typically have one of the following qualifications:
- Completed or currently working through Level L in the Kumon Math Program.
- Completed one Calculus course at University.
- Completed the Kumon Reading Program and feel very comfortable with algebra.
- Completed one English course at University and feel very comfortable with algebra.
If you enjoy working with students and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply?
To apply for a position: simply follow the following steps carefully.
1) Compose an email to info (at) kumonvanfirstave (dot) com. Subject: Centre Assistant Job – <Firstname> <Lastname>
2) Copy the following 8 questions directly into the body of your email, and then answer these questions:
1) Which of the following items have you completed?a) Completed or currently working through Level L in the Kumon Math Program.b) Completed one Calculus course at University.c) Completed the Kumon Reading Program and feel very comfortable with high school algebra.d) Completed one English course at University and feel very comfortable with high school algebra.2) I am:a) in High school, and I would like to one day study ______________.b) In University, studying __________________, and I will graduate in ______.c) Finished University, looking for part time work, and I studied _______________.3) I can work at First Avenue Kumon for at least a year (Yes/No).4) I can work on Tuesdays and or Thursdays from 3:15-7:30PM almost every week (Yes/No).5) I probably won’t be missing more than 2 weeks in a row for the next year (Yes/No).6) I am looking for ____ hours per week.7) In one sentence, tell us why you want to work here.8) I am OK with doing a short math test after the interview (Yes/No).
3) Attach a recent resume highlighting your experiences in working with students, leading teams, or proudest working or volunteer experiences. (Hint: It’s in your best interest to have a trusted friend proofread your resume. Hint 2: Make your resume no longer than two pages.)
What happens next?
We read and review all applications that are sent to us, but we will only reply to applications based on our needs and the availability of positions.
If a position should be available and we feel it would be a great fit, we will contact you. We do keep all applications on file.
Thank you for your interest in First Avenue Kumon!